- Take Action
- Connect with Us
- Photo Gallery
The primary relationship and backbone of Student/Partner Alliance is that of the Partner. A Partner is a concerned individual who is willing to make a four-year commitment of a minimum of $2000 per year to help provide a private school education to an under-served, inner-city student. 100% of Partner contributions go toward a student’s tuition.
Tuition fees at the ten schools range from $2,700 to $8,700 annually. Often, a Partner finds it possible to commit a larger portion of the student’s tuition, that is welcome, too. Each student’s family is asked to contribute $500 towards the tuition, which may be subsidized by the Student/Partner Alliance if the family cannot afford to help.
Individuals becoming Partners will be trained in mentoring techniques and will be provided with mentoring support from Student/Partner Alliance. Throughout the academic year, program-sponsored special events are held, which bring Partners together with their students in a group setting. Four annual events are: Student/Partner Breakfasts at individual schools, a day of service at the Community Foodbank of New Jersey; a Holiday Party and talent show, and a day of service at Greater Newark Conservancy.
Student/Partner Alliance provides additional opportunities for student/partner outings, such as tickets to special basketball games or museum exhibitions. Partners are encouraged to participate in all of these events, but it certainly is not required. Of course, the Partner is invited to attend his/her student’s graduation, a proud and rewarding moment for both!
In summary, a Partner:
- pledges a minimum of $2000 per year toward his/her student’s tuition
- maintains contact with and provides mentoring to the student partner on a regular basis
- receives mentor training via a Mentor Training Workshop and general mentoring support from Student/Partner Alliance
- receives a Partner Handbook for easy reference and important mentoring information
- receives academic updates via periodic report cards
- is invited to S/PA events which provide opportunities to meet with his/her student
- is contacted on a periodic basis by his/her student partner
To Become a Partner, please complete the Partner Application Forms and return to: Student/Partner Alliance, 561 Springfield Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901
Self-Sufficiency Through Education
561 Springfield Avenue Summit, NJ 07901 phone: 908-522-0405 or 908-522-0406