Find a Scholarship
Student/Partner Alliance (S/PA)
We are a scholarship and mentoring program with the objective of helping students:
- attend an academically strong high school
- grow academically and personally through the combined assistance of
- chosen high school
- family support
- mentor support
- be accepted into college
- be prepared to succeed in the college atmosphere
- Application coming soon
- $2,500 for each of the four years of the student’s high school
- for students to attend certain schools that provide excellent college preparatory curriculums.
- mentorship is unique to the Student/Partner Alliance scholarship program
- all mentors are carefully screened
- all mentors are offered workshop training and ongoing staff support
- mentors offer support and guidance to student mentees for four years of the students’ high school
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for a scholarship?
- We accept incoming high school freshmen who plan to attend one of the schools with which we are affiliated:
- Hudson Catholic, Jersey City – (connect with the school)
- Immaculate Conception, Montclair – (connect with the school (connect with the school)
- St. Benedict’s Prep., Newark – (connect with the school)
- St. Vincent Academy, Newark – (connect with the school)We are a financial need based scholarship. Generally, total family annual income is under $50,000.We expect a GPA of at least 2.5.
What forms do I need in order to complete the scholarship application?
- Along with the completed application form, you will need to provide copies of your most recent W-2 Form and Tax Return, two most recent pay stubs, and a recommendation from a teacher/school guidance counselor and your child’s most recent report card.
- If you are retired or on disability please provide two of your most recent checks.
- If you are currently unemployed and eligible for unemployment checks, please provide two of your most recent checks.
What are the deadlines?
- The application is due back in our office by February 15th .
- We aim to notify you by May 15th.
Is the scholarship transferable?
- The scholarship is only transferrable if the student plans to attend a school we are affiliated with. Please contact us directly in advance to discuss, a transfer of scholarship is not automatic.
Is the scholarship fund mailed to my house?
- The scholarship funds are sent directly to the school. You should see a difference calculated in your monthly bill. If not, please contact the school and us in the office.
My child is currently a sophomore at a public high school and plans to transfer to one of the schools you are affiliated with, is he/she eligible for a scholarship?
- Generally we do not take students who have finished their first year of high school. However, there are some exceptions, you can call us to discuss.
Do I have to reapply to the scholarship every year?
- No, once your child has been accepted he/she will automatically receive the scholarship every year
What does my child need to do to keep their scholarship?
- Your child needs to maintain a 2.5 GPA, participate in all S/PA sponsored activities and want to have a mentor.
Who do I contact if I still have questions about the scholarship process?
- Please contact our Executive Director: Ms. Margaret Momber at email@example.com.