Find a Scholarship
Student/Partner Alliance (S/PA)
We are a scholarship and mentoring program with the objective of helping students:
- attend an academically strong high school
- grow academically and personally through the combined assistance of
- chosen high school
- family support
- mentor support
- be accepted into college
- be prepared to succeed in the college atmosphere
- of $1,500 – $2,000 for each of the four years of the student’s high school
- for students to attend one of seven schools that provide excellent college preparatory curriculums.
- mentorship is unique to the Student/Partner Alliance scholarship program
- all mentors are carefully screened
- all mentors are offered workshop training and ongoing staff support
- mentors offer support and guidance to student mentees for four years of the students’ high school
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for a scholarship?
- We accept incoming high school freshmen who plan to attend one of the 7 schools with which we are affiliated:
- Benedictine Academy, Elizabeth – (connect with the school)
- Cristo Rey Newark High School formerly Christ the King Prep, Newark – (connect with the school)
- Hudson Catholic, Jersey City – (connect with the school)
- Immaculate Conception, Montclair – (connect with the school (connect with the school)
- St. Benedict’s Prep., Newark – (connect with the school)
- St. Vincent Academy, Newark – (connect with the school)
- We are a financial need based scholarship. Generally, total family annual income is under $50,000.
- We expect a GPA of at least 2.5.
What forms do I need in order to complete the scholarship application?
- Along with the completed application form, you will need to provide copies of your most recent W-2 Form and Tax Return, two most recent pay stubs, and a recommendation from a teacher/school guidance counselor and your child’s most recent report card.
- If you are retired or on disability please provide two of your most recent checks.
- If you are currently unemployed and eligible for unemployment checks, please provide two of your most recent checks.
What are the deadlines?
- The application is due back in our office by February 15th .
- We aim to notify you by May 15th .
Is the scholarship transferable?
- The scholarship is only transferrable if the student plans to attend a school we are affiliated with. For example, if John is attending St. Benedict Prep however his family plans to move to Bayonne, NJ, then his scholarship could be transferred to Marist High School. Please contact us directly in advance to discuss, a transfer of scholarship is not automatic.
Is the scholarship fund mailed to my house?
- The scholarship funds are sent directly to the school. You should see a difference calculated in your monthly bill. If not, please contact the school and us in the office.
My child is currently a sophomore at a public high school and plans to transfer to one of the schools you are affiliated with, is he/she eligible for a scholarship?
- Generally we do not take students who have finished their first year of high school. However, there are some exceptions, you can call us to discuss.
Do I have to reapply to the scholarship every year?
- No, once your child has been accepted he/she will automatically receive the scholarship every year
What does my child need to do to keep their scholarship?
- Your child needs to maintain a 2.5 GPA, participate in all S/PA sponsored activities and want to have a mentor.
Who do I contact if I still have questions about the scholarship process?
- Please contact our Executive Director: Ms. Margaret Momber at email@example.com.