Information about Scholarships
Student/Partner Alliance (S/PA)
We are a scholarship and mentoring program with the objective of helping students:
- attend an academically strong high school
- grow academically and personally through the combined assistance of chosen high school, family support, and mentor support
- be accepted into college
- be prepared to succeed in the college atmosphere
- We provide a $3,000 scholarship for each year of the four years of high school.
- Students must attend one of the five private, college-preparatory high schools that S/PA partners with to ensure our students receive an excellent high school education.
- We partner with Hudson Catholic Regional High School, Immaculate Conception High School, St. Benedict’s Preparatory School, St. Dominic Academy, and Saint Vincent Academy.
- Mentorship is unique to the Student/Partner Alliance scholarship program.
- All of our mentors are carefully screened.
- All of our mentors are offered workshop training and ongoing staff support.
- Our mentors offer support and guidance to student mentees throughout the student’s four years of high school.
Saint Dominic Academy
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for a scholarship?
- We accept incoming high school freshmen who plan to attend one of the schools with which we are affiliated:
- We are a financial need based scholarship. Generally, total family annual income is under $50,000.
- We expect a GPA of at least 2.5.
What is the application process?
1. Apply and register at one of the following high schools:
- Hudson Catholic Regional High School
- Immaculate Conception High School (Montclair)
- St. Benedict’s Preparatory School
- St. Benedict’s Preparatory School- girls division
- St. Dominic Academy
- Saint Vincent Academy
2. Contact the school’s Financial Aid Office for a link to our program application
3. Fill out our application online. Make sure to answer every applicable question in order to be considered.
4. In order for your application to be considered complete, you must upload the following documents to the upload portal at the end of your application:
- Your Signed 2022 Federal 1040 Tax Return, including Schedule 1 or C if included in your tax return.
- 2022 W2 forms for all working family members
- Have a teacher or guidance counselor fill out the recommendation form off our website. Have them submit it directly to Student/Partner Alliance via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the student’s name in the subject line.
You will be contacted for a virtual interview if you meet our requirements.
What are the deadlines?
- The online link to the application for the 2023-2024 school year will be available through the financial aid office at the school to which your child has applied. The application may only be filled out and submitted online and will be considered complete once ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are submitted. The complete application, including the required financial documents must be received by our deadline date of March 15, 2023.
- We will notify you and your child by email in June of 2023 so it is critical that you provide your current and valid e mail.
Is the scholarship transferable?
- The scholarship is only transferrable if the student plans to attend a school we are affiliated with. For example, if John is attending St. Benedict Prep however his family plans to move then his scholarship could be transferred to Immaculate. Please contact us directly in advance to discuss, a transfer of scholarship is not automatic.
Is the scholarship fund mailed to my house?
- The scholarship funds are sent directly to the school. You should see a difference calculated in your monthly bill. If not, please contact the school and us in the office.
My child is currently a sophomore at a public high school and plans to transfer to one of the schools you are affiliated with, is he/she eligible for a scholarship?
- Generally we do not take students who have finished their first year of high school. However, there are some exceptions, you can call us to discuss.
If my child is already receiving aid, do I have to reapply to the scholarship every year?
- No, you do not need to reapply once your child is admitted to the program. The scholarship lasts for every year of high school as long as they maintain steady attendance and a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
What do I do if my financial situation has changed since last year?
- You must upload any documentation that supports your change in household income. We still need the first 3 pages of your Tax Return, but you may also include 2 most current paystubs, letter from your employer letterhead indicating the change in your income, unemployment determination letter, etc. The application cannot be considered without a 2021 Tax Return.
Who do I contact if I still have questions about the scholarship process?
- Please contact our Executive Director: Ms. Margaret Momber at email@example.com.